- 1 Kilo prawns
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 100ml fresh cream
- 2/3 cup Fiesta Brands Coconut Milk Powder dissolved in 1/3 cup hot water.
- 1/8 bar butter, melted
- 2 tbsp lemon or calamansi juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 bar butter
- prawns heads from 1 kilo of prawns
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp rosemary and thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup medium or macaroon desiccated coconut toasted
1. Shell and devein prawns. Set aside prawn heads for the butter.
2.Season prawn meat with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
For the butter:
1. Melt butter in sauce pan.
2. Add prawn heads and all seasonings.
3. Add tomato paste and chicken stock.
4. Cover and let it boil for 20-30 minutes.
5. Strain to remove solids and set aside.
Cooking the Dish:
1. Saute prawns in melted butter. Add onions and ginger.
2. Add coconut milk and fresh cream. Simmer over low fire.
3. Add the butter mixture and continue simmering until the sauce thickens.
4. Garnish it by adding toasted coconut and spring onions on top.