- 1/2 cup Corn Starch
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp MSG(optional)
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 5-6 pcs Egg White
- 1-2 cups Sweetened Coconuts
- 1 kg Shrimp
- Mix all together all the ingredients except the sweetened coconut and shrimp. Set aside.
- Fill off the skin of the shrimp, slice the back of shrimp ,wash and drain excess water.
- Dip shrimp into batter mixed, shake off excess, then press shrimp into sweetened coconut, turn shrimp over and press into sweetened coconut again.
- Pour enough oil into heavy large pot to reach depth of 2 inches, heat to 350deg F. Add shrimp to hot oil, deep-fry until cooked through golden brown color. Using Tongs transfer shrimp to paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Arrange shrimp on platter. If desired, serve with Kikkoman sauce for dipping.