- 1 kg cubed beef
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. Romantika coconut oil
- 1 ½ cup chopped onion
- 2-3 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 large apple, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1/8 tbsp. pepper
- 1 cube beef bouillon dissolved in 2 cups of water
- ½ cup Fiesta desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp. Raisins
- 2 tbsp. Apple Jelly
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Toss beef cubes in flour and brown in coconut oil. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onion, curry powder, apple, salt and pepper without browning.
- Put beef back in a pan, add bouillon and simmer for 1 ½ hours until beef is tender.
- Add coconut, raisins, jelly and lemon juice. Simmer for 5-10 minutes longer.
- Serve with fluffy boiled rice and a selection of relishes like toasted coconut, sliced pineapple, or chutney (buro).